Origin of Nursery Rhymes (UK)

Every year I try to include new items of history about English spoken countries in my teaching programme. That's why I leave you this interesting post of the UK history about the origin of the most common Nursery Rhymes we use at a Primary school.
My intention is to recreate a native environment in my classes. How? Reproducing some anecdotes of English history. It is a funny and real way of preparing children for listening to culture and put in context nursery rhymes. First I ask them about a picture of an egg. What is it? Then I say, What's the relation between an egg and English history? Next we discuss a little about it, even if they say in Spanish some silly things I don't mind because they are understanding and communicating.
Finally I show them some slides with pictures of the link and we review the relation with English culture. Finally I told them to record their voices saying a nursery rhyme as fastest as possible. In the end we review pronunciation and the students have to learn by heart the whole rhyme.
Painting a picture about it next class is a way to reinforce their learning. I did it when I was 10 y.o. and I still remember Humpty Dumpty since then!
Enjoy!
The Humpty Dumpty Cannon
UK culture and Nursery Rhymes: http://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/More-Nursery-Rhymes/
Nice pictures of Humpty Dumpty: http://infantiljmsanagustin.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/nursery-rhyme-humpty-dumpty-5-anos.html
http://pintardibujo.com/humpty-dumpty-dibujos-para-pintar


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

ROOFTOPS 6 RESPUESTAS 8 ABRIL

ROOFTOPS 5 RESPUESTAS 8 ABRIL

REVIEW UNITS 3 & 4_4PRIMARY (8 JUNIO)